Certified Pool & Spa Operator® (CPO®)
(All Students will receive 3 months of Text Message support from your instructor after the test)
1. Select a date that works for you.
2. Select your state.
NOTE: Florida has an extra fee of $20. See below for more details.
3. Complete The Pool Operator Primer (POP) self-guided 8-10 hours online course.
4. Complete via Zoom the CPO® review and CPO® exam with your Certified CPO® Instructor
(6am-4pm Pacific / 7am-5pm Mountain / 8am-6pm Central / 9am-7pm Eastern)
***IF YOU NEED YOUR CPO IMMEDIATELY - PLEASE EMAIL CHAD@POOLCERTS.COM***
YOUR INSTRUCTOR - CHAD BLAND
10 year experienced "Pool Guy" by career, still servicing commercial and residential pools. Here to help you learn what you need to know and meet all the requirements of this certification in an easy to do format. I promise you that! Chad Bland
CPO Virtual Course Details
To sign up more than one student please just increase the amount in your Cart
100% ONLINE Course
SPECIAL NOTE: AN EXTRA FEE FOR FLORIDA
Florida People Cert Information: The State of Florida Health Department requires a third-party proctoring service known as People Cert to proctor the student taking the exam. The process regarding using People Cert will happen as follows: 1) Schedule your exam date and time with People Cert. 2) Prior to the day of testing, you MUST re-enter site and click on "Open Portal" to connect to People Cert to setup your security profile and test your computers compatibility. 3) On the day of testing, at the time of testing or slightly before re-enter the registration sit and click on "Start Assessment" to connect to People Cert to begin your test. "Open Portal" changes to "Start Assessment".
Requirements: Computer and Zoom Access
CPO Course Design
The CPO certification course is designed to provide individuals with the basic knowledge, techniques, and skill of pool and spa operation. This body of knowledge is covered in the eighteen (18) chapters, as well as the glossary and appendices, of the PHTA Pool & Spa Operator Handbook. NOTE: The PHTA Pool & Spa Operator Handbook is not a substitute for state or local regulations. This course is 100% online.
CPO Learning Outcomes
At the conclusion of the CPO Certification course, you will be able to:
- Explain the role an operator plays in pool operation
- List the components of a good management plan
- Develop a network of resource materials
- Develop a list of personal contacts
- Identify physical, chemical, and biological hazards associated with the pool environment
- List the steps to follow to minimize physical, chemical, and biological hazards associated with the pool environment
- Identify the local regulations that apply to safe pool
- identify the industry standards governing pool operation
- Explain the importance of a positive relationship with local regulatory agencies
- Explain the need for testing and documentation as it relates to pool and spa operation
- perform pool calculations as they relate to pool and equipment measurements and chemical usage computations
CPO Certification Takeaways
- Pool management
- Water quality management
- System components
- System maintenance
- Pool and spa design
- Special needs of hot water spa environment
Any person who successfully completes the CPO certification training and passes the applicable exam with a grade of 75% (37 points) or higher may be certified. The CPO certification and registration is valid for a period of five (5) years from the date of course completion. Based on your results, you should receive your CPO certification within 2-4 weeks via email from PHTA with your official certificate and wallet card containing your CPO Certification registration number.